Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Dry heaving, rashes and other hot weather woes

07-04-2017, 03:45 PM   #1
Mountaingem
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Dry heaving, rashes and other hot weather woes

Does anyone else just dread summer due to the onslaught of symptoms?
Is it from the medications reactions or is it the disease itself? Currently I am taking Cimzia, Methotrexate, Sertraline, Atenelol, and Hydrochlothiazide.

My joints swell painfully, I dry heave every morning and I get painful itchy rashes. My mouth is terribly dry. I also flare in the anal/rectal area as well. This happens whenever the temperature rises above 80 degrees Fahrenheit and I am my own weather predictor.

I stay out of the sun, wear Chrynobl grade sunblock and stay in air conditioning.

I WILL STAY STRONG
I WILL FIGHT
I WILL WIN

Current Meds: Cimzia, Methotrexate, Prevacid, Sertraline, Nortryptaline, Prednisone, Atenelol
07-04-2017, 04:02 PM   #2
Cross-stitch gal

My Support Groups:
Here's something that was posted in 2013. The jest of it all is that those of us with IBD are more sensitive to heat. I remember that before my husband and I had air conditioning in our house I'd always get heat rashes in the summer especially when it was super hot. But, now that we have AC I don't get them anymore.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3749116.html

Current Meds:
Pentasa 1000mg 2xday, Canasa Suppositories (when needed) 1000mg 1xday

Non-Meds:
600+D Calcium 2xday, Multivitamin, 65mg Iron 1xday, Fish Oil 1000mg, Vitamin D3 5,000 I.U., Eye Drops 2xday

UP Support Group http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=68350
07-04-2017, 05:16 PM   #3
Mountaingem
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Interesting read! Thanks for sharing this. I seem to have these symptoms even though I stay indoors.
07-05-2017, 06:55 AM   #4
Sophabulous

My Support Groups:
Sorry to hear you are suffering. We recently had a mini heatwave and I saw this on social media and found it very interesting.

http://www.abalancedbelly.co.uk/hotweatheribd/

I hope you get some relief soon x

Currently taking Azathioprine 100mg, Esomeprazole 40mg, B12 Injections and various supplements. Azathioprine failing so awaiting next steps
07-05-2017, 10:09 AM   #5
Bufford

My Support Groups:
It could be due to the immune system having to work harder to deal with the onslaught of allergies at this time of year. Also take into consideration insect bites. The heat makes it worse. Definitely use airconditioning, and dehumidifiers are of help too. Reducing humidity in the home will reduce the level of allergens and also mold.
07-08-2017, 08:17 PM   #6
CanadianRunner

Thank you for posting this; we have been having a heat wave where I live and I am also experienced many more symptoms than usual. It's nice to know I'm not alone.

Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Dry heaving, rashes and other hot weather woes