Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » Looking for suggestions

07-06-2017, 12:01 PM   #1
lindy Cee

Looking for suggestions

I was diagnosed with Crohns in October last year, I had 3 Infliximab infusions, last one 3 months ago, I stopped them as Crohns went into remission and my hair has fallen out by the handful, I don't want to have any more Infliximab's but Im flaring now and Im looking for suggestions - ie. what do sufferers take that helps their Crohns, not necessarily medication, what helps you?
Thanks my fellow Crohnies x
07-06-2017, 04:51 PM   #2
Sophabulous

My Support Groups:
I was diagnosed with Crohns in October last year, I had 3 Infliximab infusions, last one 3 months ago, I stopped them as Crohns went into remission and my hair has fallen out by the handful, I don't want to have any more Infliximab's but Im flaring now and Im looking for suggestions - ie. what do sufferers take that helps their Crohns, not necessarily medication, what helps you?

Thanks my fellow Crohnies x

Hi there,

I read this the other day regarding the hair loss. I thought it might help you to make a decision if the hair loss is the reason you stopped the infliximab.

http://dansharpibd.org/telogen-effluvium/

I had quite bad hair loss when I started azathioprine but to be fair it has died down now. I thought the above article made a lot of sense.

Best of luck, please don't suffer and get in touch with your GI team if you're struggling x

Currently taking Azathioprine 100mg, Esomeprazole 40mg, B12 Injections and various supplements. Azathioprine failing so awaiting next steps
07-06-2017, 05:17 PM   #3
lindy Cee

A very interesting article, not sure how accurate it is though, I did notice a little more hair coming away before being diagnosed but nothing significant, I waited so long for a hospital consultation that I eventually got admitted to hospital in January, my potassium levels were very low by that point and I was almost suffering from malnutrition and lost 2 stone, I was then given steroids and Infliximab but it wasnt until about 2 months later it started really coming out. I think it has slowed down now, Im taking Biotin daily and switched to paraben and SLS free shampoo, will see how it goes. Thanks for responding X
07-06-2017, 09:07 PM   #4
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I second the above statement about not suffering. Call your GI.
Diagnosed in 1990. On Humira, Imuran, Gabapentin, Colestipol, Synthroid, Lialda. Resection in April of 2010. Allergic to Remicade, Penicillin, Flagyl, Doxycycline. Thyroid issues and psoriasis and neuropathy and mild cerebral palsy. Mild arthritis in my lower back.
07-07-2017, 06:13 PM   #5
wildbill_52280

Here is some advice i just gave someone recently.
http://www.crohnsforum.com/showpost....18&postcount=5

Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » Looking for suggestions