• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Anti-Saccharomyces Cerevisiae Antibodies Test (ASCA)

Hello:

Anyone out there have the ASCA test and get positive results in both IgA and IgG blood levels?

I got my results back and both levels are positive. I have not been diagnosed, however.

I've not experienced any common Crohn's symptoms other than occasional, vague pain and some burning eye sensations that come and go. I had a mild, itchy rash on my abdomen.

My brother and his son have Celiac disease and there are studies suggesting those with the disease can also be positive on the ASCA tests. They also get rashes.

I test negative on the ASCA but have both celiac disease and crohn's. Will you be having other tests done? As you probably know, you can get a simple blood test to check for gliadin antibodies before undergoing any more invasive tests (like an endoscopy). Does your GI suspect crohn's?

Hi Jabee: I unfortunately can't get a GI appointment any sooner than mid-August. I had celiac blood tests in the past that did prove positive, although the most recent (taken at the same time as the ASCA) was negative. I'm a gene carrier. The C-Reactive Protein was normal. Thanks for the info on your ASCA result!