Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Undiagnosed and so confused!

07-07-2017, 04:08 PM   #1
Samkee

Undiagnosed and so confused!

My story so far...
Since birth I have been intolerant to diary. I'm now 30. I avoid it but know if I eat it I'll get D

The last few years I have been convinced I have more intolerances. I was thinking gluten. Sometimes I would eat food and become bloated with really bad tummy pains. It was live withable.

Fast forward... the last two months I have been experiencing my bloated tummy cramps more and more frequesntly. I am so tired all of the time for no reason. I thought it was time to go and see my GP.

I went and she was great. Pressed on my tummy which was very tender. Send me for lots of blood tests to rule everything out and a stool sample.

2 days ago I got the results.. I am slightly anemic, my stool sample came back with calprotectin at 274. She said it was an indication of IBD. She's sending me to a gastroenterologist.

Has anyone had similar experiences? What was the outcome. I'm really scared and worried. I genuinely didn't expect that result.
07-07-2017, 06:40 PM   #2
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Hi. You have come to a very supportive group.
Diagnosed in 1990. On Humira, Imuran, Gabapentin, Colestipol, Synthroid, Lialda. Resection in April of 2010. Allergic to Remicade, Penicillin, Flagyl, Doxycycline. Thyroid issues and psoriasis and neuropathy and mild cerebral palsy. Mild arthritis in my lower back.
07-07-2017, 08:06 PM   #3
cmack

My Support Groups:
Welcome Samkee,

I hope the gastroenterologist can get you feeling better. Keep in touch.

Best regards,

cmack

Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Undiagnosed and so confused!