• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Lump under one nipple (Male)

I have been on prednisone on 3 different occasions in the last 2 years. Thankfully, I am no longer on them.

One thing I noticed is that I have a lump which is fairly small and doesn't protrude. My chest looks normal (Like a normal male chest and not like a female breast) and nipple seems to be normal (or so I think).

I never gave it much thought about this lump despite having pain only when the nipple is pressed. But after having a recent I&D for an abscess, I have to lie on my chest to get the dressing everyday and I started to notice this more and more.

I think I have had this for at least more than a year. It hasn't gotten bigger. I only get pain when my right chest is pressed against something or I press my nipples for any reason. I am not fit by any means now thanks to prednisone but I am not obese (5'7" - 62kg).

I am also on Azathioprine 50mg at the moment. I tried googling my condition and I am getting all sort of information saying hormonal imbalances (prednisone?) could cause the lump and it could be breast cancer. May I know if anyone have this issue or can anyone suggest what I might be suffering from?

I would greatly appreciate it

I've never had the issue, sorry. But any pain and swelling, even minor swelling/lump is something that must be checked by your doctor. Could be a nothing cysts, based on the fact that it's remained the same size for sometime, but certain medications can accelerate and turn an otherwise nothing into something. Please have a mammogram or ultrasound.

Trysha

Staff member
Don't waste any more time...get it looked at as soon as possible......might be something...
Might be nothing...but very important to find out.
Go today.....stat
Feel better soon