Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » What do i do i developed anal abscess and its painful

07-18-2017, 02:41 PM   #1
ngugimuiruri

What do i do i developed anal abscess and its painful

hi am Joseph this year i was diagnosed with Crohn disease and have been on and off the hospital since February. I started having stomach problems last year October a month after i traveled abroad for the first time in my life. Being an African i thought it was normal stomach pains and instead i took some painkillers like we do back home. unfortunately or fortunately but i'll take fortunately as i see it now my painkillers finished. i went to the pharmacy to get some but i realized am not in Kenya anymore when the pharmacist asked for doctors prescription. that was few weeks into January , on the beginning of February the condition escalated and i started having diarrhea ,severe stomach pains and vomiting daily that's when i decided to go see a doctor. The doctors performed many tests on me like blood tests, stool tests, ultrasound, and colonoscopy. they gave me some medications like imuran, pentasa granulatum, raby prex,ferrium, kalium, and medrol (steroid). Days into taking the medication that was June the pains became even more the diarrhea increased to more than 15 time daily, vomiting every time i ate and since i was living alone i became weak and couldn't even cook for myself..i went back to the Gastroenterologist and he took me off imuran but the problem did not stop. I came back to my apartment and called a classmate who was living in England and i told him of my condition because i had not told my parents back in Kenya and i was nowt willing to notify them as they would get worried a lot . He agreed to come and later that afternoon i passed out due to pain and he called an ambulance. i was admitted on June 20 2017 and was discharged on July 12 2017. It has been a week now and i have had no stomach pains. My classmate went back and another friend came to stay with me. On Sunday 16 July 2017 i started feeling Some pain on my butt hole especially when passing stool and sitting don so i went to my doctor who booked me an appointment with a proctologist as she noticed a boil like swelling which i later realized its anal abscess ....i need help on how to make the pains less before next appointment.
07-18-2017, 02:51 PM   #2
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
You could try soaking in warm water. You could also try Tylenol.
Diagnosed in 1990. On Humira, Imuran, Gabapentin, Colestipol, Synthroid, Lialda. Resection in April of 2010. Allergic to Remicade, Penicillin, Flagyl, Doxycycline. Thyroid issues and psoriasis and neuropathy and mild cerebral palsy. Mild arthritis in my lower back.
07-18-2017, 06:02 PM   #3
ngugimuiruri

thanks let me try it right now.....
07-27-2017, 08:51 PM   #4
SoOoO CoNfuSeD

My Support Groups:
I've had that problem in the past. Since i've been on Remicade, thankfully it has cleared up. Personally, bum baths soaking in warm water and epsom salts helped (a little) and giving my bum a break by integrating more fresh vegetable juices in my diet for a couple of days straight would help, or at least give a bit of time to let my bum heal a bit.
07-28-2017, 10:20 AM   #5
Bufford

My Support Groups:
You could start experimenting with alternatives and diet. Try taking some Turmeric powder mixed with water, and alter your diet to see if certain foods are causing the problem while figuring out the next route of treatment with the doctor.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » What do i do i developed anal abscess and its painful