Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » Colonoscopy on Friday

07-19-2017, 08:45 AM   #1
TammyR

Colonoscopy on Friday

Hi All

It's been a bit of a crazy journey since diagnosis in January 2016 that's for sure! I'm currently fairly stable on Humira 40mg per fortnight and have my first colonoscopy since November 2015 this Friday. Have been on low residue diet today and liquid tomorrow ahead of the procedure. I'm nervous that they'll see there hasn't been any improvement or worse that it's become worse.

I would say I have fairly bad pain once a week but mostly I think it's my own fault where I've eaten the wrong thing or too much. At my GI appointments recently (to get Humira prescription organised again) I said I was doing really well, which I am (compared to a couple of years ago) but I do wonder if there's something I'm not telling them. Ya know... If I itemised every single bad day then it would be depressing!

I had my MRCP follow up last week and the cysts on my pancreas haven't changed so that's good, they said another MRI in two years to keep an eye on them.

Will check in later

Tammy
MRCP 6/16, 7/17 - no change (2 small cysts)
CT Abdomen and Pelvis 10/16 - Acute/Chronic flare distal small bowel with at least two areas of partial obstruction identified.
Started Humira 12/4/17. Previously on Remicade (4 rounds - caused rash), Pentasa, Aza (caused pancreatitis).
07-19-2017, 09:40 AM   #2
scottsma

My Support Groups:
Sending support your way and hope your results are good.It's natural to worry,all sorts of things come to mind out of nowhere.Best to you.
07-19-2017, 10:33 AM   #3
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I agree.
Diagnosed in 1990. On Humira, Imuran, Gabapentin, Colestipol, Synthroid, Lialda. Resection in April of 2010. Allergic to Remicade, Penicillin, Flagyl, Doxycycline. Thyroid issues and psoriasis and neuropathy and mild cerebral palsy. Mild arthritis in my lower back.
07-20-2017, 09:01 PM   #4
Cross-stitch gal

My Support Groups:
I had a colonoscopy 6/22 and I'm always a bit concerned when I go for this test. Part of mine this time was I had finally gotten to a healthy weight before the purge. I was scared that I'd lose everything I gained! As scottsma said, it's totally natural to be concerned. We're here for you and there's always someone on here if need be. Just let us know. Good luck

Current Meds:
Pentasa 1000mg 2xday or Mesalamine DR 1.2gm 2xday, Canasa Suppositories (when needed) 1000mg 1xday, Tylenol 3 with codeine 300-30mg (when needed)

Non-Meds:
600+D Calcium 2xday, Multivitamin, 65mg Iron 1xday, Fish Oil 1000mg, Vitamin D3 5,000 I.U., Eye Drops 2xday

UP Support Group http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=68350
07-20-2017, 09:27 PM   #5
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Amen

07-20-2017, 11:20 PM   #6
TammyR

Update:

An unbelievable result. No signs of active inflammation!! I guess you call that remission

Still have strictures further up but the inflammation has settled enormously
07-20-2017, 11:31 PM   #7
Cross-stitch gal

My Support Groups:
Sorry about the strictures. But, that's GREAT NEWS that there's no inflammation!!!!! Glad all went well in the end! And, thanks for the update!
07-23-2017, 06:10 AM   #8
TammyR

Just thinking now, I still have daily pain in the upper central part of my stomach. Usually related to different foods. So the inflammation is good but the strictures are going to be an ongoing battle aren't they?
I really want to avoid surgery so what foods should I avoid to reduce the chances of obstruction?
07-23-2017, 08:55 PM   #9
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
You might need to be on a bland diet.
07-24-2017, 11:32 AM   #10
Bufford

My Support Groups:
Make sure you chew your food well to break food down, its those pieces of food that get lodged in the strictures that bring on the pains. Alternatively you can chop food down or make smoothies. Cook vegies well so they are soft, and peeling fruits and vegies. Eating peels will definitely cause grief for many of us.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » Colonoscopy on Friday