Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Undiagnosed Club » Trying to feel better

07-20-2017, 06:44 PM   #1
MissLeopard83

My Support Groups:
Trying to feel better

My new GI doctor is AWESOME! The best of the 3 I've seen! First off, her office is not crowded with people so you don't feel like a number like I did at the other appointment in May with the 2nd one. She looks right at me when I talk and she asked a number of questions as well as ask me a few times, "Is there anything else you think I should know?" I love when doctors ask that because, to me, it means that they really want to know what you want solved.

She is ordering blood work - before even mentioning I had a gluten problem, she thought I may have a gluten allergy (which I have thought for years) and wants to test for Immunoglobulin A (IgA) deficiency because she thinks I may be getting glutened from an unidentified source, which would not be unheard of. As careful as I try to be, I still get symptoms - though not nearly as bad. She also asked if I've ever gotten hives - which I have - and thinks I may have other food allergies so she wants to send me to an allergist for skin prick testing. I mentioned that corn doesn't sit well with me but it's difficult to avoid because it's used in many gluten-free items. She told me to avoid it for a month since my f/u appointment is in a month and we'll see if that makes me feel better.

Since I knew I had to get some new groceries with no corn, I stopped at Target and got two bags of food with no corn that I can make healthy meals out of for at least a few days. I've been on a weight loss diet since May and my weight loss has plateaued, I need to change up my eating and make sure I'm eating as healthy as possible. I just started Metformin 3 days ago for PCOS so that should help, too, once the nausea goes away.

I am so happy that I finally found a good GI - her last words were, "Call or send us a message thru the portal if you have any questions." That's something the other 2 did not say. The first one's nurse was easy to get in touch with, but she was totally abrupt and unhelpful. The second took days to weeks to get back to me when I had a question. Since I have a tendency to ask questions, it's good to know that they are there for me when I need it. This doctor also has a better schedule, too, so I don't have to wait months to get in to see her.
07-20-2017, 06:45 PM   #2
MissLeopard83

My Support Groups:
Oh, and she is starting me on Xifaxan for my IBS-M so I hope that helps.
07-23-2017, 04:25 PM   #3
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Glad you are happy with the new gi.
07-23-2017, 05:57 PM   #4
Guerrero

My Support Groups:
Lucky you

Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Undiagnosed Club » Trying to feel better