Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » Frustration with Doctors

08-01-2017, 11:36 AM   #1
JessPeper

My Support Groups:
Frustration with Doctors

I've been having some issue the past week or so with pain in my right side, the pain comes , knocks the wind out of me then I have to use the bathroom within minutes. Spoke with my surgeon we've ruled out an abscess. She told me I would have to consult my GI. GI is unable to get me in for three weeks. His nurse told me to go to the emergency room if my issues cant wait.

Is this typical? I had only seen the GI a handful of times last year, for blood work while on Azathioprine. Once I was taken off of that I didn't see him again until after I had my resection done in March. At that appointment he told me I would follow up again after I was all healed up, he'd do some blood work to check for inflammation markers at that point and start me on Cimzia. My healing took a lot longer than planned. I have a follow up now scheduled for the end of the months. These new issues started last week.

I'm just frustrated with the whole process. The last thing I want to do is go spend hours in the ER. The last time I was to the ER I ended up with emergency surgery that evening and a 5 night stay. Bahh any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Dx with CD 4/16

Ileocecectomy 3/17

Reoccurrence 8/17

Current Medications: Lialda 4.8g daily, Azathioprine 100mg daily, Prednisone 20 mg daily. B12, Folic Acid, Primal Defense probiotic.
08-01-2017, 05:51 PM   #2
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Maybe you could ask your GI if they can write you in if there are any cancellations beforehand .
Diagnosed in 1990. On Humira, Imuran, Gabapentin, Colestipol, Synthroid, Lialda. Resection in April of 2010. Allergic to Remicade, Penicillin, Flagyl, Doxycycline. Thyroid issues and psoriasis and neuropathy and mild cerebral palsy. Mild arthritis in my lower back.
08-02-2017, 10:12 AM   #3
JessPeper

My Support Groups:
I ended up going to the ER. Just a bad flare. Steroids and Flagyl. Feeling pretty yucky! Thanks Ron!

08-02-2017, 10:28 AM   #4
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Welcome
08-02-2017, 04:25 PM   #5
cmack

My Support Groups:
Feel better soon Jess.
08-02-2017, 04:38 PM   #6
JessPeper

My Support Groups:
Thanks cmack!

08-04-2017, 05:40 PM   #7
cmack

My Support Groups:
Hi Jess,

How are you doing? I'm thinking of you buddy, so I thought I would give you a shout and see what's up.

Best wishes,

Chris
08-07-2017, 11:50 AM   #8
JessPeper

My Support Groups:
Still feeling junky. The pain in my side subsided for a couple of days I suspect the steroids helped a bit, but now that they've worn off its bothering me again. The ER doctor didn't want to put me on a two week course of prednisone. Follow up with my GI on the 22nd.

Thanks for checking in!

Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » Frustration with Doctors