Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Surgery » Fistula Success Stories » Looking for a friend

08-01-2017, 05:47 PM   #1
Leight87

Looking for a friend

A brief look into my story:

I experienced a horrible perianal abscess 9 months ago. The healing process has been excruciatingly slow. The wound healed up within about a month, but the cavity below the skin took much, much longer. So, here I am today. I noticed a dark blemish on my scar the other day and, of course, panick ensued. Today I noticed blood around the area. I'm all but positive I have a fistula. I've got a good CRS, so at least there's that. He wants to get me in for an EUA, but that won't be for at least another month. Any of your comments / stories would be greatly appreciated. Also, any advice on keeping this thing from abscessing again would also be greatly appreciated. I'm feeling fairly depressed about all of this, and all I want is my life normal life back. I should note that I do not believe I have ibd, but my CRS is going to do a colonoscopy on me, anyway. Thanks, all.
08-01-2017, 05:57 PM   #2
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Are you on any medication right now? Sending support.
Diagnosed in 1990. On Humira, Imuran, Gabapentin, Colestipol, Synthroid, Lialda. Resection in April of 2010. Allergic to Remicade, Penicillin, Flagyl, Doxycycline. Thyroid issues and psoriasis and neuropathy and mild cerebral palsy. Mild arthritis in my lower back.
08-01-2017, 06:00 PM   #3
Leight87

Are you on any medication right now? Sending support.
Thanks for the support. Just some light pain meds. No antibiotics or anything.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Surgery » Fistula Success Stories » Looking for a friend