Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Books, Multimedia, Research & News » Digestive diseases professor seeks poo donors to help cure patients

08-02-2017, 03:15 PM   #1
mtseeg

Digestive diseases professor seeks poo donors to help cure patients

Aussie article:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...0b46c07bc55dfd

“Stool donations are processed by mixing fresh stool with a stabilising solution, then freeze-dried and the powder placed into capsules,” he said.

“They have a higher concentration of healthy bacteria, which is necessary to treat the diseased bowel.

“A diverse bacterial community full of good bacteria is needed to overtake the bad bacteria that may be causing the illness,” Prof Borody said.
08-02-2017, 04:11 PM   #2
Sophabulous

My Support Groups:
Ooh isn't Barody the guy who started the faecal transplants? I suspect he walks that line between madness and brilliance, but he clearly knows his stuff!

Currently taking Azathioprine 100mg, Esomeprazole 40mg, B12 Injections and various supplements. Azathioprine failing so awaiting next steps
09-10-2017, 10:27 PM   #3
wildbill_52280

Ooh isn't Barody the guy who started the faecal transplants? I suspect he walks that line between madness and brilliance, but he clearly knows his stuff!
True, also I think Borody was motivated by another scientist who cured his own U.C., around 1981 and a case of c diff cured like in 1959, don't quote me verbatim though, just from my memory of course.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Books, Multimedia, Research & News » Digestive diseases professor seeks poo donors to help cure patients