Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Prednisone/Entocort » Is it safe to take Prednisolone with Protonix (Pantaprazole)

08-10-2017, 11:53 AM   #1
Hwyfrz

Is it safe to take Prednisolone with Protonix (Pantaprazole)

Hi,

I've been prescribed with Prednisolone 20mg currently with 40mg of Protonix Pantaprazole

Question is, is it safe? There is no drug interactions? If not, then I might change to other type of Proton Pump Inhibitors?
08-13-2017, 07:02 PM   #2
Jabee

My Support Groups:
I don't know about prednisone and protonix, but I have taken it with both nexium and dexilant with no problem.
08-13-2017, 09:10 PM   #3
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I take both prednisone and protonix without problems.
Diagnosed in 1990. On Humira, Imuran, Gabapentin, Colestipol, Synthroid, Lialda. Resection in April of 2010. Allergic to Remicade, Penicillin, Flagyl, Doxycycline. Thyroid issues and psoriasis and neuropathy and mild cerebral palsy. Mild arthritis in my lower back.
08-13-2017, 10:41 PM   #4
Hwyfrz

It seems that my diarrhea becomes worst after taking Protonix. I had it under control when I was on Prednisolone alone. The PPI is taken to safeguard my stomach from upper bleeding & GERD.
08-14-2017, 12:08 AM   #5
Jabee

My Support Groups:
You might try sucralfate, a medication which coats your stomach and helps make sure the prednisone doesn't cause irritation. I've taken it when the prednisone causes stomach pain. I'm not sure about the diarrhea; I suffer from the opposite problem.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Prednisone/Entocort » Is it safe to take Prednisolone with Protonix (Pantaprazole)