• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Colonoscopy impeded

I have had Crohns for 35 years, thankfully in remission on 6mp for the last 20. There is a history of digestive cancer in my family (and probably inflammation although that long ago who knows.) I had surgery for scarring narrowing the colon in 2003. Each year I dutifully get a colonoscopy. My gastro, who has a decent background and seems pretty knowledgable, complains each year that he can't get thru the scarring and can't see the right half. Every few years I get a virtual colonoscopy which has some chance of viewing the right side. But the report always says that it can't really see the area of the adhesions and scarring. Has anyone experienced a good way to make sure that your entire colon is examined even if there is now junk in the way?