• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

No hunger or thirst since surgery. (2 years)

Hello , i am 22 years old.. since my ileum resection 2 years ago, i dont feel hunger or thirst anymore and its worrying me... + i dont have the feeling to go to the bathroom... idk what to do.. thank you...

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
Are you at least keeping hydrated? That is my biggest fear if you're not feeling hungry or thirsty. But, this sure sounds like a good question for your doctor's office. Especially if it's been this long since your surgery. I think if it were me, I'd make sure to get checked out to make sure everything is alright. Please keep us updated...

Yeah , im trying to keep hydrated , but its like i dont even feel like drinking water anymore, like body never needs it... its really weird... so i drink like juice or gatorade its easier for me...

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
Yeah, it's not easy to drink much plain water. I know my stomach even goes wierd if I drink too much of it. Most of what my husband and I drink is crystal light. It's flavored and a little easier on the stomach. Needless to say, anything to make sure you get enough liquids!