• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Fistulas/Perianal Disease and FCP

I've been doing pretty well following a laparoscopic resection last year (lost around 25 cms, mostly large bowel, about 6 cms of ileum). Surgeon said my small bowel was "pristine" in terms of disease activity/scarring after taking out the pesky stricture.

My fistulas, however, continue to plague me. Been on Cipro/Flagyl since December and things are getting worse (more pain, inflammation and drainage).

Recently had my Fecal Calprotectin checked and it was 174.8. First time I have ever had it done, so don't have a comparator. Going to do it again soon.

Think my disease is mostly quiet except for fistulas based on BMs and other symptoms, so wondering if you guys have had elevated FCP based on perianal disease alone?

Thanks!

Dont have perianal disease, but ileum.
Your fcp doesnt look high to me (i was around 300-1000), but better ask to your doctor too.

Thanks for the response! I did speak to him after I posted this. He said anything under 200 was good for a Crohn's patient. Going to try to do Entyvio every 4 weeks instead of 8 to see if that helps fistulas.