Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » Success Stories » My journey to getting well

11-08-2017, 08:31 PM   #241
cmack

My Support Groups:
The human body is so complex, then on top of that each of us is different. I'm glad you are noticing these things... it's like putting together a giant jigsaw puzzle. I really should be taking more notes on my own health, diet and energy levels. You are inspiring me Beach.
11-09-2017, 05:22 AM   #242
Beach
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
178lbs, 14% body fat. Seems on this diet my weight and body fat levels are not changing wildly. Previously my weight levels could bounce around a decent amount without much known cause.

Thanks Chris. I'm in limbo more or less at the moment. I'm not for sure if the diet I'm following is helping my stomach or not. The diet of avoiding milk and beef is making changes for me though. The one change I feel is most telling is the tongue. The tongue lines or sores are gone and have been gone ever since I've been on the avoid milk, dairy and beef diet. Hopefully after 12 months while being on this diet my stomach will be healed too as with my tongue. That is the hope.
11-09-2017, 03:33 PM   #243
Beach
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I was hoping that the stomach was better. I had mentioned earlier about not adding new foods to the diet to see what happened. Well, the stomach has remained the same. I'm not well, but not really sick either. What I'm planning to do is add a few new foods to the diet in the days ahead.

My Appetite has been healthy. Typically I would control how much I eat, but of late I've been eating when ever I feel hungry. Figure it takes a lot of food to heal. I've been exercising a good amount also which could contribute to my eating slightly more than normal for me.
11-10-2017, 11:14 AM   #244
Beach
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
For lunch I had sweet and sour chicken. It's a new food for me, the chicken in particular. I associate chicken with being ill to the stomach. Hoping I'm wrong. The next 24 to 36 hours will be telling.
11-10-2017, 12:32 PM   #245
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
For lunch I had sweet and sour chicken. It's a new food for me, the chicken in particular. I associate chicken with being ill to the stomach. Hoping I'm wrong. The next 24 to 36 hours will be telling.
Hope you do well with it.

Diagnosed in 1990. On Humira, Imuran, Gabapentin, Colestipol, Synthroid, Lialda. Resection in April of 2010. Allergic to Remicade, Penicillin, Flagyl, Doxycycline. Thyroid issues and psoriasis and neuropathy and mild cerebral palsy. Mild arthritis in my lower back.
11-11-2017, 05:52 AM   #246
Beach
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
so far no tongue sores/lines this morning. The stomach is doing OK. No rash on the chest seen. So far so good with the chicken eaten yesterday.
11-12-2017, 05:38 AM   #247
Beach
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Ouch, ouch! Ate three meals yesterday, typically I just eat twice, and I added a new food, cashew nuts. I was and still am in a considerable amount of pain. No more nuts for awhile.
11-12-2017, 10:11 AM   #248
Beach
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I noticed on a couple other sights people talking about depression and wanting to change their mental outlook or maybe another way to say it be more upbeat. I also was reading recently in a book about depression and milk.

I've noticed that my mental well being has changed since avoiding dairy and beef. It's one of those areas that is difficult to quantify. I'm different I believe but the change is subtle and happens over time. I also have to be careful in saying that as I've none in the past that when avoiding dairy/ milk items I become different and believe others that avoid dairy do the same. It might be a self-full filling prophecy type of event. Regardless on the current diet I'm on I have a different mental outlook I feel, one more upbeat or something like that.

Painful cashew caused stomach ache is now gone. I'm thankful for that. That was unpleasant, as always.
11-12-2017, 10:08 PM   #249
cmack

My Support Groups:
I hope you stay well.
11-12-2017, 10:51 PM   #250
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Amen
11-13-2017, 05:28 AM   #251
Beach
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Thanks guys. I feeling poorly again this morning but it isn't something I'm all that concerned about. A certain level of pain can be handled. If it continues into the future though I'll undoubtably be looking to adjust my diet, try this and that. It's how things typically work. Pain is a good motivator for change.

I feel now that I likely have eaten to much fiber. SOmething is irritating the digestive tract mildly. It isn't enough to cause much problem for the stomach, but enough to make me uncomfortable and weak. The life with colitis! Not much enjoyment, always keeping me on my toes.

178lbs this morning, 14% body fat. Weight continues to not adjust much. I'm happy about that. I'd like to loose weight in the future, or maybe better said would like ot drop the body fat levels a few percentages. I don't plan on trying to do that without having more energy though.
11-13-2017, 09:11 AM   #252
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I hope you feel better soon.
11-13-2017, 03:02 PM   #253
Beach
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I was a little bit ill to the stomach after lunch today. I have many possibilities as to what could have caused this. Saturday evening I ate the last of the chicken. It's possible that the chicken eaten did this. The cashew eaten caused me a good deal of pain and discomfort right away. It's a good candidate. I've been eating more fiber rich foods than I should. That's the best likely answer but hard to say for sure.

Regardless of possible cause I'll back up on the diet a little, get back to the basics and see about calming the stomach down in the days ahead.

On the good news I have small bumps on my tongue! I've read these are normal and healthy to have. Ya to tongue bumps!
11-13-2017, 08:31 PM   #254
cmack

My Support Groups:
I wouldn't worry about losing fat so much as muscle. You have a healthy BMI from the sounds of things. I have a funny feeling the chicken had something to do with it. Just my thoughts, it's happened to me before from chicken. The funny thing about it is, it's hit and miss for me with chicken. It may very well be the way it is raised, and the amounts of antibiotics or other substances in the diet of the animal. I certainly hope you feel healthy again soon.
11-14-2017, 05:42 AM   #255
Beach
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Cmack, I suspect you are right about the chicken. It's been racing through my head to find out what is causing this. Last night I decided I'll stop the chicken. I'll continue to eat the high fiber amount and see what happens. I know I'll be miserable from the fiber but can deal with that for a few days. If I become well to the stomach within a few days that should give me a good idea if it was the chicken or fiber that caused my issue. There has to be a joke in there somewhere. OK I know that was bad, but am serious on the diet trials the next couple days.
11-14-2017, 11:20 AM   #256
Beach
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
That escalated quick. I felt to miserable from eating to much fiber this morning. There are two types of illness from eating to much fiber rich food. There is the upset stomach. Then there is what I had this morning, the symptoms being feeling overly week, dizzy, and a feeling that I'm going to upchuck.

I'm pulling back on the fiber foods, and getting everything working decently once again.

I remain curious about chicken though. Probably in around 2 weeks I'll add plain chicken lunch meat to the diet and will see how I do with it.
11-14-2017, 04:51 PM   #257
Beach
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Today was a poor day for the stomach. I was sick a considerable amount. That hasn't happened all that much but it occurs from time to time.

My update now though has to do with how I feel. Typically when ill to the stomach and running to the bathroom, I'm also drained of energy. I'll have zero energy, typically.

Today was different. I have been slightly tired after being ill but nothing horrendous. I actually have half way decent energy this evening. I feel this to be a very good sign that I'm doing something right with my diet.
11-14-2017, 10:04 PM   #258
cmack

My Support Groups:
I hope you feel better tomorrow Beach.
11-15-2017, 05:55 AM   #259
Beach
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I seem to be bouncing back quickly from yesterdays upset stomach. That's good as that typically hasn't been the case when I was eating dairy products. Often times it could take days for me to get back to feeling "normal" after yesterdays events with the stomach being calm and energy levels tolerable. .

This morning I was hoping to go on a bike ride to the store with my new saddle bags. Most likely I could handle the bike ride but to be on the safe side i'll wait a day or two before making the mile long ride.
11-15-2017, 03:28 PM   #260
Beach
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
A little bit tired today. Also I've been a little bit chilled putting me slightly in a fog. Overall though not a bad day. The stomach is doing well. Energy levels decent enough. Tongue looks good. Hair is growing quicker than in the past I notice. There are also fewer hairs found in the shower drain.
11-15-2017, 04:36 PM   #261
Beach
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I forgot to mention again. It's rather an important change but one difficult to quantify.

Often times I can have difficulty communicating with others. I blame that on the tiredness/ fatigue issues. it can be awkward meeting new people. This was mentioned earlier.

Of late I'm finding it easier to meet people and communicate with others. I'll have to continue to monitor this. It could be an important change, if it is happening.
11-15-2017, 06:03 PM   #262
Beach
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Another item noticed and should be recorded, my belly is no longer extended. I can wear tighter shirts and my belly doesn't pop outward. I noticed this a number of days ago but forgot about it.

Additionally my teeth hurt, or are sensitive. This has been the case for a week or so. This is likely a positive development. It hurts slightly but isn't a big deal.
11-15-2017, 06:59 PM   #263
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Glad your stomach is no longer extended.
11-16-2017, 06:44 AM   #264
Beach
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
It's nice to notice my stomach is no longer swollen. Instead of a beer belly apparently I had a cheese belly. Will monitor to see if the belly remains flat going forward.

When it comes to milk I've known for a long time that milk, butter, and other milk dairy products effect me very poorly. The exception is cheese. I can eat cheese without feeling miserable. I suspect though that while cheese can help my stomach with its constipating effects it does not allow me to recover. That at least is the theory I'm working on now.
11-16-2017, 04:20 PM   #265
Beach
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Lots to complain about today but nothing worth writing about. It's the usual complaints. overall I'm doing well and continue with my avoiding beef, milk and dairy products.
Yesterday, 10:24 AM   #266
Beach
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Something that caught my eye last night was my finger nails. They are stronger than usual. They also are well formed.

I'm used to have poorly formed nails in the past, when ill. It's nice to see further improved nails.

Energy levels remain OK, nothing great, butcould be worse. The stomach is doing well. It's going to be a good day I suspect.
Yesterday, 10:29 AM   #267
Beach
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Oh forgot but important, last night I was in the mangroves near the sea. The bugs were terrible. Typically these bugs cause terrible itching, similar to a mosquito bite. For most others the mangrove bugs cause problems but nothing all that terrible.

Well, I notice that the bug bites received from last night are not bothering me this morning. I'm not itching all over. I don't see any red marks. This is what most people experience around these bugs.
Yesterday, 04:39 PM   #268
Beach
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I noticed this last week or maybe the week before. I could check, but it is still the case, I'm having many days were I'm largely well to the stomach. With any luck that will continue.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » Success Stories » My journey to getting well