Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Varicella (Chickenpox) Vaccine and Remicade

08-23-2017, 11:07 AM   #1
Avera

Varicella (Chickenpox) Vaccine and Remicade

Hey everyone,

Has anybody received the varicella vaccine (live attenuated) while on a biologic, such as Remicade? I've been using Remicade for 12 years now, and I need to get the vaccine for school/jobs in the pharma/medical environment. Back in December of this year, I discontinued Remicade for 3 months in order to get the vaccine, then waited another 3 months to restart it (since that's what my doctor said would be the safest route). However, I just went to get titer results for the vaccine and they came back with a negative titer.

Therefore, now I'm really considering just getting the vaccine while on Remicade. Has anybody done this?

Thanks for the responses.
08-23-2017, 06:46 PM   #2
Lisa
Adminstrator

My Support Groups:
No live vaccines while on Remicade..... Including nasal flu spray and I would say the varicella vaccine too if it is live.

30 plus years and counting with UC/Crohn's!
on remicade since 11/05

While my experiences may not be what everyone has had- I feel it is worthwhile to share any and all experiences that may be beneficial to others.

Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Varicella (Chickenpox) Vaccine and Remicade