Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » Trying to adjust

09-14-2017, 06:52 PM   #1
Squirrel#1

Trying to adjust

I was diagnosed with Severe Crohn's 3 years ago. My condition was so bad I spent a month in a local ICU and told there was nothing they could do. My best friend intervened and got me transferred to Dallas. I underwent 6 hours of surgery having 3ft of intestines removed along with most of my colon. I now have an ilieostomy bag. It took a year of extensive therapy to begin to try to form some kind of life. I am having an extremely hard time adjusting. I lost my job,my home. How and where do even begin to start piecing your life back together? I'm on antidepressant medication and anxiety meds to function. I'm on disability now. I never imagined that at 45 this is where I'd be. I accept that my life has dramatically changed but how do you start the rebuild process? Any suggestions??
09-14-2017, 08:41 PM   #2
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Welcome. I am sorry for all you have been through. Know that you have lots of support here.
Diagnosed in 1990. On Humira, Imuran, Gabapentin, Colestipol, Synthroid, Lialda. Resection in April of 2010. Allergic to Remicade, Penicillin, Flagyl, Doxycycline. Thyroid issues and psoriasis and neuropathy and mild cerebral palsy. Mild arthritis in my lower back.
09-14-2017, 08:57 PM   #3
Squirrel#1

Welcome. I am sorry for all you have been through. Know that you have lots of support here.
Thank you!

09-14-2017, 08:59 PM   #4
Squirrel#1

I really appreciate it!

Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » Trying to adjust