• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

S'up? - New guy here

Hi everyone, new guy here. Thought i should introduce myself.

I am a university student who was diagnosed with Crohn's around 6 months ago and was quickly put on Infliximab. I have had 4 infusions now and so far have had zero visible side-effects.
If anyone wants any advice on what it's like to get an infusion or has any other questions, feel free to ask.

Chin up and good luck with everything:thumleft:

Yeah, hopefully he responds well to it like I have.

For me the procedure was very straight-forward and easy. He may feel his arm go a little cold as the Remicade goes in but other than that i didn't feel a thing.

I would recommend bringing along something to keep him busy while it happens though...it can be a pretty boring procedure! :boring::thumleft:

dave13

Forum Monitor
Welcome to the forum. I have infusions as well,July was the four year mark for me. I hope the infusions continue to go smoothly for you. My next infusion is next week,the day before my birthday. :dance:
chin up and good luck to you as well.

Thanks. I'm glad your treatment is working too. We are very lucky.
What a birthday present! Happy birthday for then:cheerss: