Share Facebook

09-17-2017, 10:27 AM   #1
eleanor_rigby

My Support Groups:
Blood tests

I am on azathioprine and get blood tested monthly - FBC, LFT, U+E. Does anyone know if inflammation testing such as CRP and ESR would be covered in these or would the doctor have to specifically request these to be covered.

2nd Generation affected

Symptoms since 2006 (age 17)

Emergency open bowel resection after perforation in 2011 (age 22) (wrongly diagnosed as burst appendix ). Three years remission following this unmonitored

DX with perforating small bowel Crohn's Disease 01/2016 (terminal ileum, duodenum) and coeliac disease (age 26)

Meds:
75mg azathioprine
Gluten-free diet
09-17-2017, 10:36 AM   #2
Sophabulous

My Support Groups:
I am on azathioprine and get blood tested monthly - FBC, LFT, U+E. Does anyone know if inflammation testing such as CRP and ESR would be covered in these or would the doctor have to specifically request these to be covered.

I'm pretty sure they do, I've got a little book they record it all in. I'll have a look at it when I get home and let you know!

Currently taking Azathioprine 100mg, Esomeprazole 40mg, B12 Injections and various supplements. Azathioprine failing so awaiting next steps
09-17-2017, 10:36 AM   #3
Sophabulous

My Support Groups:

I'm pretty sure they do, I've got a little book they record it all in. I'll have a look at it when I get home and let you know!