Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Nighttime bathroom pain, and nothing else

09-25-2017, 01:46 PM   #1
hamster139

My Support Groups:
Nighttime bathroom pain, and nothing else

Hi... I've had mild-moderate Crohn's for about 20 years. Most of the intestinal symptoms have gone now, but one seems to be worse... and I wonder if there is a way to control it, or at least, time it.

About once every 4 nights, I have a bloating/pain an hour after I go to sleep which is IMPOSSIBLE to sleep through and requires me to go to the bathroom, which takes about 20-30 minutes to have a bowel movement. Afterwards I can generally sleep... but not always.

As I said, most of my other symptoms are gone, I don't have diarrhea, frequent bathroom trips, and very little daytime crohn's symptoms, its just this one issue. But it ruins my sleep, and when it does, I typically 'crash' the following day. For me, sleep disturbances have a magnified effect.

Is there any technique to stop this? Why does it always happen 1 hour after I start sleeping?

Thanks
09-25-2017, 07:21 PM   #2
Caitlyn336

Any chance it could be related to what you are eating for dinner? A cup of tea before bed? Maybe a food log to see if those nights something is connected.

I know with a lot of illnesses you start feeling bad before bed or while lying down. A lot of it is contributed with your body having nothing else to occupy it so it focuses more on what is wrong.

Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Nighttime bathroom pain, and nothing else