• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My love ❤ has Crohns, and I need help to understand...

Hi everyone, the literal love of my life suffers from Crohn's and has had steroids, infliximab, colonoscopy etc, she is having a flare up at the moment. The more I read, the more I am understanding the horrible suffering bits she never tells me about. I need your help, I am an ex British Army chef/ration assassin and I have the means to help via diet and understanding and all the hugs and kisses she can ever ask for. I have been looking at a few different lifestyles via diet and I keep coming back to or getting referred to the alkaline diet or way of life. Has this worked for anyone here ? Also, Ustekinumab, any good, better than infliximab ? Any help will be greatly appreciated, help me help her, she's great, you would love her, I know I do...thank you all...

Hi. I am sorry that she has Crohn's disease. I dont know anything about the alkaline diet but there are probably others on here who do. There is also a section on here called Diet, Nutrition and Supplements or something similar. Also, different people respond differently to the various drygs. There is also a section on here called Treatment and under that are some of the various drugs. You might check out that swction also. She might try a food diary to see what foods her body reacts well to and which upset her intestines. I hope the doctor can get her Crohn's disease under control soon. Feel free to come here anytime.

Hi. I am sorry that she has Crohn's disease. I dont know anything about the alkaline diet but there are probably others on here who do. There is also a section on here called Diet, Nutrition and Supplements or something similar. Also, different people respond differently to the various drygs. There is also a section on here called Treatment and under that are some of the various drugs. You might check out that swction also. She might try a food diary to see what foods her body reacts well to and which upset her intestines. I hope the doctor can get her Crohn's disease under control soon. Feel free to come here anytime.
Thank you for your reply, means alot, will check all those sections and thank you for letting me know bout them...

So awesome that you are such a support to her. It makes a world of difference.
Diet has been a huge part of my journey with Crohn's. For me, it has been the Specific Carbohydrate Diet (Check out Breaking the Vicious Cycle and scdlifestyle.com). Lots of people respond well to SCD and similar diets such as Autoimmune Paleo, GAPS, etc. They require a lot of commitment, so if she is interested in trying it, help with groceries and food prep will probably be very much appreciated. Best wishes to you both!