Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » I'm tired of drinking water!

10-01-2017, 07:32 AM   #1
jennlyn12

I'm tired of drinking water!

As a recent diagnosis with Crohn's disease (specifically Crohn's colitis), I am growing tired of drinking water all the time. What other drinks can you guys suggest....and yes I'm currently going through a flare and am lactose intolerant. I used to be an avid coffee drinker too and it completely bums me that it's a big no no. So any suggestions for hot drinks are good too. Thank you
10-01-2017, 08:26 AM   #2
eneg16

Peppermint tea is my favourite hot drink. Itís super soothing and yummy.

10-01-2017, 09:30 AM   #3
Jabee

My Support Groups:
Bone broth might be nice. Itís soothing and loaded with protein. It is my go to when my appetite is poor.
10-01-2017, 10:16 AM   #4
Bufford

My Support Groups:
Apple juice. I like to add water and ice to it. Cranberry juice is another.
10-01-2017, 11:02 AM   #5
Magnolia24

My Support Groups:
Ginger tea is another tummy soothing one
10-01-2017, 07:53 PM   #6
Lisa
Adminstrator

My Support Groups:
Lemonade, cranberry juice.....

30 plus years and counting with UC/Crohn's!
on remicade since 11/05

While my experiences may not be what everyone has had- I feel it is worthwhile to share any and all experiences that may be beneficial to others.
10-02-2017, 12:04 PM   #7
Cat-a-Tonic
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
For hot drinks, I like caffeine-free herbal tea. I like ginger tea as that helps with nausea. Peppermint tea is good if you don't have GERD/acid reflux (peppermint is contraindicated for GERD, as it can relax the valve between the stomach & esophagus, allowing more refluxate to come up). I also drink a lot of chamomile tea.

For the lactose intolerance, have you tried anything like almond milk or cashew milk? I like both of those, they're creamier and taste nicer (in my opinion anyway) than soy milk.
10-02-2017, 08:58 PM   #8
jennlyn12

For hot drinks, I like caffeine-free herbal tea. I like ginger tea as that helps with nausea. Peppermint tea is good if you don't have GERD/acid reflux (peppermint is contraindicated for GERD, as it can relax the valve between the stomach & esophagus, allowing more refluxate to come up). I also drink a lot of chamomile tea.

For the lactose intolerance, have you tried anything like almond milk or cashew milk? I like both of those, they're creamier and taste nicer (in my opinion anyway) than soy milk.
Thank you!!! I really appreciate it
10-02-2017, 09:14 PM   #9
cmack

My Support Groups:
You could have some nice, warm, organic chicken broth, It seems to be okay for me. I sometimes have tomato juice as well. Try a small amount at first because it doesn't agree with everybody.

Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » I'm tired of drinking water!