• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Best foods before colonoscopy

Hi everyone. I have finally been scheduled for my colonoscopy 10/3/17 at 11 AM! This will be my first one in a year and a half and I'm ridiculously:D excited to maybe get more answers on how I'm doing with the remicade since I'm still having symptoms.

Today is my liquid diet day. It is just past breakfast and I am already starving. I am sipping a smoothie from Naked right now, blue to follow the before rules. This much liquid and no solids has my stomach feeling pretty sloshie and sore.

Any tips on good clear liquids that I can have before the procedure to make me feel like I am not starving to death!?

I'm prepping for a capsule endoscopy, so there with you...I'm doing bone broth, gelatin made with 100% apple juice, coconut water...And just zoning out to netflix...
Is your dr ok with you drinking a smoothie? Or is that your breakfast and you'll be switching to clear liquids later in the day?
Hope it goes as smoothly as possible and you have helpful answers soon!

Coconut water may work I will give that a try.
It isn't so much a smoothie. It is just fruit juices (blackberry, blueberry, mango) No seeds and no pump. It is like fruit water. Not doing much for my stomach but it was worth a try!

My appt isn't until later in the day so I was debating eating a huge breakfast and then switching to liquid, but I thought that might just make tonight worse....

Yeah coconut water has a decent number of calories (at least compared to other clear liquids...) and is very hydrating!
Regarding breakfast...ugh! I know...It's like, I know I'm going to be hungry, but really what's the point??

Bufford

You will probably have many more scopes in the future as many of us are on that frequent flyer scoping club. Sure wish we could collect points. The first colonoscopy is the worst, and as time goes on they become easier.
Some things to make it easier; Don't think about food, and avoid watching pizza and chicken commercials on TV. Nothing worse than being hungry waiting for a scope only to have a great big huge juicy pizza staring at you from the big screen.