Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Constipation then loose

10-03-2017, 05:34 AM   #1
jazzman

Constipation then loose

Hi all, latley after dinner i get constipated finally have a large movment, then followed by gurgling then mushy diarrheah. Then a few mins latter lower cramps then water diarrheah. I have been taking 2 lots of 10ml of metamusil morning/night. Anyone else get this? Thanks.

10-03-2017, 07:36 AM   #2
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I hope you feel better soon. Have you today your doctor whst is going on?
10-03-2017, 02:29 PM   #3
jazzman

I hope you feel better soon. Have you today your doctor whst is going on?
See him in 2 weeks time, to get biopsy results. Sometimes i think my problems are caused by stress and certain types of food. Cheers

10-03-2017, 03:45 PM   #4
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
You might want to keep a food diary to see which foods aggravate your system. Yes, I think sometimes stress can complicate things.
10-03-2017, 05:40 PM   #5
cmack

My Support Groups:
Hi jazzman,

I know if I take Metamucil it causes a large BM, sometimes with cramping beforehand. I found that getting my fiber from vegetables makes things more consistent. A food diary is also a really good idea, basically you start out only with foods you know are safe to eat and cause you no issues, then you add one food every couple of days and keep notes of what happens. That is a good way to find a diet suitable for your digestive system.

Good luck and welcome,

Chris
10-03-2017, 06:29 PM   #6
jazzman

Cheers guys, i love spice curry/thai Balinese etc. I used to be the chilli king of my mates. I know spice upsets me now. But i think its oil/fat too. Also nuts and cream dips. Funny thing last weekend had a few late nights out with friends, drank a lot of beer a lot. Ate huge burger with fries and onion rings, beef parmigiana etc. No issues at all! Go to work tursday all ok then bang stomach problems again. Drives me my wife crazy.

10-04-2017, 06:48 AM   #7
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I am sorry. Sounds like you had a delayed reaction.

Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Constipation then loose