Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Stelara Experiences

10-04-2017, 10:01 PM   #1
Tommy21bn

My Support Groups:
Stelara Experiences

Hi all,

I'm possibly, maybe about to start Stelara if the local funding is agreed. Can anyone share their experiences of being on it? I have a lovely, plush leaflet but it's not the same as everyone chipping in with their experiences.

Many thanks

Tom
10-04-2017, 11:03 PM   #2
my little penguin
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Ds started Stelara in August
But has only had the iv infusion loading dose so far

There is a group section here
On Stelara

http://www.crohnsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=331
10-12-2017, 02:00 PM   #3
Crohnsmomof3

My Support Groups:
Hi all,

I'm possibly, maybe about to start Stelara if the local funding is agreed. Can anyone share their experiences of being on it? I have a lovely, plush leaflet but it's not the same as everyone chipping in with their experiences.

Many thanks

Tom
Hey Tom. I am on Stelara and have been for the last year. I started it after ending up in the hospital last September due to a partial obstruction. I have been feeling pretty good on Stelara to be honest. It is the first biologic that I have taken that has worked and not caused severe side effects. So, I like that. The only thing I really notice is that I get really tired/fatigued for a bit after the injection. But, that is mild compared to what I had with the other biologics.

I hope that things get approved and moving for you. The process for me took a while and was frustrating, but that was last year right when the drug was FDA approved and that complicated things. It should be easier now, at least I would hope.

Let me know if you have any other questions, I am happy to help.

Leslie

Diagnosed: 2004
Abcess: 2011
TI resection 2013 (60 cm of small bowel)

Current: Stelara, Methotrexate, Questran, B12 injections, metoprolol, sertraline

Past medications: pentasa, remicade, humira, cimzia, imuran, prednisone, entocort, 6mp
Adverse reactions: Entyvio, Remicade, Humira, Cimzia, Imuran, 6MP

Diagnoses: Crohn's Disease, Iron deficiency Anemia, B12 Anemia, Osteoporosis, Migraines, Anxiety

Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Stelara Experiences