Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Is this a potential symptom of IBD?

10-05-2017, 11:42 AM   #1
hopeless

My Support Groups:
Is this a potential symptom of IBD?

So I don't know what is wrong with my body and am just asking this in a general way, not that I think I will have IBD or Crohn's because of it.

I have a burning sensation in my mouth and little raised bumps on my tongue on the sides and towards the tip (not white).

I was just wondering is this a sign of an inflammatory response?

Thanks for any replies!
10-05-2017, 11:50 AM   #2
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I dont know but I am wondering if the raised bumps could be a canker sore or ulcer(?) which could be a sign of ibd.
10-05-2017, 11:52 AM   #3
hopeless

My Support Groups:
I dont know but I am wondering if the raised bumps could be a canker sore or ulcer(?) which could be a sign of ibd.
They don't look like a big sore, just tiny sore bumps lol
10-05-2017, 11:56 AM   #4
hopeless

My Support Groups:
Actually I did have a random ulcer appear before during a "flare" of my mystery illness. But I just assumed it was cause I bit my lip in my sleep or something...
10-05-2017, 03:56 PM   #5
Scipio

My Support Groups:
When do you get these symptoms? Are they associated with any particular foods? It sounds to me more like an adverse reaction, possibly a true allergy, to some food or other when you chew it.
10-05-2017, 04:20 PM   #6
Guerrero

My Support Groups:
yes looks like more like a food reaction than ibd...

also inflammatory body response is not always from ibd
10-05-2017, 04:42 PM   #7
hopeless

My Support Groups:
Thank you for the replies.

It just comes and goes. I thought it was a food sensitivity in the past . One time I ate a yogurt dip and my mouth started to burn, my lips tingled and my throat felt tight. I went to GP and got tested and there was no apparent sensitivity. I went on eating dairy and didn't get a reaction.

It seems to happen in combination with other flare ups, and doesn't seem related to any particular food!

It's just an interesting occurrence and I thought I would check what it might be. Maybe my immune system just generally hates me!
10-05-2017, 05:16 PM   #8
Cat-a-Tonic
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
I know that mouth sores can be a symptom of Behcet's disease. Here's a thread written by a girl who used to be active on the forum who eventually got diagnosed with Behcet's:

http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=44354
10-05-2017, 05:24 PM   #9
hopeless

My Support Groups:
I know that mouth sores can be a symptom of Behcet's disease. Here's a thread written by a girl who used to be active on the forum who eventually got diagnosed with Behcet's:

http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=44354
A very interesting read thanks for sharing!
10-05-2017, 05:26 PM   #10
cmack

My Support Groups:
I hope you get an answer soon. It sounds like something odd is going on.
10-05-2017, 06:01 PM   #11
shamrock15
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
It could also be an infection. I believe thrush can also appear like this periodically, however it normally is more widespread.

Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Is this a potential symptom of IBD?