Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Remicade/Infliximab » Meds taken before infusion

10-05-2017, 08:53 PM   #1
irongulch

Meds taken before infusion

Hi, I'm new here. Just had my second infusion yesterday. Both times I took tylenol at home before I went (1000 mg). Because I had a scratchy throat after the first time, I took a Zytek allergy pill yesterday before my infusion. What, if anything, do you take before an infusion and is it prescribed by your doctor? Thanks!
10-05-2017, 08:56 PM   #2
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
When I was on remicade, the had me take Tylenol and Benadryl.

Diagnosed in 1990. On Humira, Imuran, Gabapentin, Colestipol, Synthroid, Lialda. Resection in April of 2010. Allergic to Remicade, Penicillin, Flagyl, Doxycycline. Thyroid issues and psoriasis and neuropathy and mild cerebral palsy. Mild arthritis in my lower back.
10-06-2017, 01:55 PM   #3
Lisa
Adminstrator

My Support Groups:
I get solumedrol and benadryl IV just prior to my infusion....I started with no pre meds, but a few years into my infusions I had some skin issues come up and my doctor put me on the pre-meds in case it was related to the remicade.

30 plus years and counting with UC/Crohn's!
on remicade since 11/05

While my experiences may not be what everyone has had- I feel it is worthwhile to share any and all experiences that may be beneficial to others.
10-07-2017, 05:13 PM   #4
irongulch

Thanks for the replies. I'll stick with what I'm taking and hope for the best.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Remicade/Infliximab » Meds taken before infusion