Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Can Buckwheat trigger a flare up?

10-09-2017, 05:48 PM   #1
Crohnical

Can Buckwheat trigger a flare up?

I have had very soft stool the last days and need to know if Buckwheat may be the reason. I included Buckwheat in my baked bread and I know the labels on some of the Buckwheat packs tells that it can contain traces of Gluten.

Are there anybody else here with the same experience?

Last edited by Crohnical; 10-09-2017 at 06:39 PM.
10-09-2017, 07:34 PM   #2
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I try to stay away from gluten and someone told me it didn't have wheat in it.
Diagnosed in 1990. On Humira, Imuran, Gabapentin, Colestipol, Synthroid, Lialda. Resection in April of 2010. Allergic to Remicade, Penicillin, Flagyl, Doxycycline. Thyroid issues and psoriasis and neuropathy and mild cerebral palsy. Mild arthritis in my lower back.
10-09-2017, 09:14 PM   #3
Jabee

My Support Groups:
I donít think buckwheat contains gluten, but it could have trace amounts of gluten from cross contamination during processing. The same thing can happen to oats, so I always look for certified gluten free oatmeal.
10-14-2017, 06:34 PM   #4
MaryCherub

Last time I had a buckwheat and almond meal muffin - it set off a huge flare. All a bit too rough on the old guts. Maybe try coconut flour instead.
10-14-2017, 10:00 PM   #5
Lady Organic
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Its possible you have a sensitivity to buckwheat. You'll see if you try it again in the future.

Diet: ''IBD-AID'' : http://www.nutritionj.com/content/13/1/5+ organic food only
suppl Curcuminoid extract, Inulin,psyllium, apple pectin, Vitamin D

past meds:
pred 50mg, 5-ASA, cortifoam, Imuran (failed) Purinethol (success) methotrexate (failed CD and arthritis).

Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Can Buckwheat trigger a flare up?