Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Possible remission from Crohns (options that worked for me)

10-11-2017, 01:06 PM   #1
vnag

Possible remission from Crohns (options that worked for me)

For the first time since my diagnosis in 2008, my colonoscopy showed no signs of inflammation; the pathology report (for the biopsy that was taken in Sep 2017) indicated that there were no signs of inflammation or colitis.

.. still have a big stomach ulcer to need to heal.

Treatment followed:
A combination of the following:
1. Probiotics (available in stores)
2. Medical food (by prescription)
3. FMT (Fecal Transplant)
3. Food restrictions

Important note here being - was not an any immune modulators or other commercial medicines

Time frame: roughly 1+ yrs since adopting these 3. Since FMT may not interest everyone and/or it is meant for the adults section of the forum, I am not sure if this is the right place in the forum to post this..(admins please advise).

- will share the details of my treatment in my next post.

Last edited by vnag; 10-11-2017 at 10:02 PM.
10-12-2017, 10:54 AM   #2
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I am glad there are no signs of inflammation. I hope it continues.
Diagnosed in 1990. On Humira, Imuran, Gabapentin, Colestipol, Synthroid, Lialda. Resection in April of 2010. Allergic to Remicade, Penicillin, Flagyl, Doxycycline. Thyroid issues and psoriasis and neuropathy and mild cerebral palsy. Mild arthritis in my lower back.
10-15-2017, 12:01 AM   #3
momof8yrold

Nice to know that you are in remission. What do you mean by medical food? Did the doctor accept to do FMT?
10-16-2017, 05:16 PM   #4
vnag

My gastro's hospital is doing FMT for crohns (with c.Diff)a nd so he was familiar with that.
Since FDA did not permit that in my case (as I did not have C.Diff), I did this on my own.
10-16-2017, 05:23 PM   #5
vnag

Medical food =Enteragam, VSL #3

Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Possible remission from Crohns (options that worked for me)