• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Admitted

Hey guys I went to the stand alone ER Thursday with epic gastric pain that radiated through the rib cage into my back. Pain was pretty intense. Diagnosed with pancreatitis. Lipase wasn't very high so I was sent home. Needless to say pain intensified and I ended up back at the hospital Friday afternoon. Funny thing though, new blood levels showed within normal range. By this time pain is so intense I'm almost in tears. Doctor decided to admit for one night to treat pain. A doctor from my GI's practiced decided to do a CTE. It showed active crohns and pancreatitis. GI is considering a Lap to view pancreas on Friday and changing therapy. Not sure why blood levels are showing normal. Still in hospital and appetite is non-existent. Hopefully I will start to feel better soon.

Hey guys I went to the stand alone ER Thursday with epic gastric pain that radiated through the rib cage into my back. Pain was pretty intense. Diagnosed with pancreatitis. Lipase wasn't very high so I was sent home. Needless to say pain intensified and I ended up back at the hospital Friday afternoon. Funny thing though, new blood levels showed within normal range. By this time pain is so intense I'm almost in tears. Doctor decided to admit for one night to treat pain. A doctor from my GI's practiced decided to do a CTE. It showed active crohns and pancreatitis. GI is considering a Lap to view pancreas on Friday and changing therapy. Not sure why blood levels are showing normal. Still in hospital and appetite is non-existent. Hopefully I will start to feel better soon.
I hope you are better real soon

scottsma

Please keep us updated when you can both of you, and anyone else who's in the hospital at this time.You're in the right place.Feel better soon.