Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » When's a good time to seek MD attention for colds?

10-13-2017, 08:07 AM   #1
ChronicallyCrohns

When's a good time to seek MD attention for colds?

Hey all!!

I was diagnosed with moderate to severe Crohn's disease in 2013. So i am fairly new to the "flu season" issues. My GI told me to let him know when I was sick for a week or so.

This morning I emailed his office telling them I have been sick for a week with a cold. No fever, but my biggest complaint is a very bad sore throat. stuffy nose, and exhaustion. His office assisant (no idea what shes talking about, told me to talk to my PCP)
My question is:

Should I be tested for strep? or let it ride out?

I'm on Imuran and Cimzia
10-13-2017, 10:08 AM   #2
Tuff

My Support Groups:
Talk to your Primary Care Physician.

Stelara, Warfarin, calcium, Vitamins B12, D.
Previously: 5-Asa, Cipro, Flagyl, Prednisone, Aza, Remicade.
Pulmonary Embolism, DVT's, osteopenia, Peripheral neuropathy.
10-13-2017, 02:32 PM   #3
Lisa
Adminstrator

My Support Groups:
Talk to your primary, and ask for a strep test.

30 plus years and counting with UC/Crohn's!
on remicade since 11/05

While my experiences may not be what everyone has had- I feel it is worthwhile to share any and all experiences that may be beneficial to others.
10-14-2017, 05:12 AM   #4
MaryCherub

I have had a cold too. Well bronchitis actually. Cured it myself. Had no choice, as any medication from the doctor will flare up my UC.

Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » When's a good time to seek MD attention for colds?