Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » 5-ASA/Mesalamine » Lialda savings card done?

10-13-2017, 08:43 AM   #1
Cat-a-Tonic
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
Lialda savings card done?

I take Lialda, and I have always used the Lialda savings card from the manufacturer. With my insurance, a month's supply of Lialda is $75 out of pocket, but with the savings card I only paid $10 out of pocket. But, I got a letter in the mail yesterday from the manufacturer (Shire), saying that they're discontinuing the Lialda savings card as of Oct 15th. That's in 2 days! They are giving almost no warning and just dropping the savings card for no reason? Ugh. Did anybody else get that letter? Anybody know of any other way to lower the cost of Lialda? $75 is a lot to pay each month. I'm really not happy about this.
10-13-2017, 08:53 AM   #2
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I am sorry.

Diagnosed in 1990. On Humira, Imuran, Gabapentin, Colestipol, Synthroid, Lialda. Resection in April of 2010. Allergic to Remicade, Penicillin, Flagyl, Doxycycline. Thyroid issues and psoriasis and neuropathy and mild cerebral palsy. Mild arthritis in my lower back.
10-13-2017, 01:41 PM   #3
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Cat, at my doctor's office, the manufacturer drops off samples all the time. They let me pick some up whenever I run low. I wonder if your doctor would have something similar?
10-13-2017, 07:34 PM   #4
jtd

I just got this letter as well, sure is a shock! a quick googling shows all the sign for old program is gone and no new program... Having been using this discount program for 6? years now ever sense I had to start taking it, I dont know what my out of pocket will be with out it, but it will definitely be more. Will something replace it? What happened? Whats going on?
10-14-2017, 10:37 AM   #5
Cat-a-Tonic
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
jtd, I don't know the answers to your questions. I hope they replace it with something. I wrote an email to the company but only got a standard "thanks for your message" response from them. Ugh.
10-14-2017, 08:21 PM   #6
mere282

My Support Groups:
There's a generic now. That's why the program was ended

10-15-2017, 09:39 AM   #7
Cat-a-Tonic
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
The generic mesalamine isn't the same as Lialda, though. I read that it's most similar to Asacol HD, and I can't do Asacol HD. My body can't break down those tablets so they go right through me. That's why I'm on Lialda, because I can break down those tablets. Ugh.
10-15-2017, 10:51 AM   #8
mere282

My Support Groups:
The generic mesalamine isn't the same as Lialda, though. I read that it's most similar to Asacol HD, and I can't do Asacol HD. My body can't break down those tablets so they go right through me. That's why I'm on Lialda, because I can break down those tablets. Ugh.

I honestly donít know anything about the generic only that itís new and replacing Lialda for most patients. Speak with your GI

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » 5-ASA/Mesalamine » Lialda savings card done?