Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Surgery » Fistulas, Fissures and Abscesses » RVF? How did they find yours?

10-14-2017, 03:39 PM   #1
pancakemaker

RVF? How did they find yours?

For several months Iíve been having feces in my V area. I know Iím not imagining this. Happens all the time when I wipe and sometimes leaks out.

Just had a CT scan and I saw the report. Didnít seem like they found anything. (Editing to say they did see wall thickening and inflammation-typical crohns stuff but nothing about a fistula)

From my research this isnít always the best way? I feel like Iím going crazy. If they found a fistula they were going to start me on Remicade. Now I doubt they will. Should I ask for another test like an MRI? Advice please. I have a follow up in November. They havenít called me about the CT results. I just read the report on the hospital website.
On Lialda and 8 weeks of prednisone currently
Starting Remicade- 1st infusion Nov 20
Tried Asacol, Pentasa and Imuran
10-14-2017, 03:50 PM   #2
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Wishing you the best.
Diagnosed in 1990. On Humira, Imuran, Gabapentin, Colestipol, Synthroid, Lialda. Resection in April of 2010. Allergic to Remicade, Penicillin, Flagyl, Doxycycline. Thyroid issues and psoriasis and neuropathy and mild cerebral palsy. Mild arthritis in my lower back.
10-18-2017, 06:43 PM   #3
pancakemaker

Wishing you the best.
Thank you! Appreciate it.

I do still think I have a fistula (maybe an MRI would have showed better) but regardless they have decided to go ahead with the Remicade. So I'm relieved about that. Now to wait on approval for that.
10-18-2017, 09:12 PM   #4
Tuff

My Support Groups:
Mine showed up on an MRI. It must have been small, because I mostly had air coming out of it. Once I got on Remicade, it closed. I hope you get approval quickly.

Stelara, Warfarin, calcium, Vitamins B12, D.
Previously: 5-Asa, Cipro, Flagyl, Prednisone, Aza, Remicade.
Pulmonary Embolism, DVT's, osteopenia, Peripheral neuropathy.
10-19-2017, 11:00 AM   #5
Lisa
Adminstrator

My Support Groups:
Mine were confirmed via barium imaging...wasn't a fun procedure, but definitely showed where things were coming out from places they weren't supposed to!!

I would ask about having that done.....

30 plus years and counting with UC/Crohn's!
on remicade since 11/05

While my experiences may not be what everyone has had- I feel it is worthwhile to share any and all experiences that may be beneficial to others.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Surgery » Fistulas, Fissures and Abscesses » RVF? How did they find yours?