Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Imuran/Azathioprine/6-MP » Imuran with antifungal medication

10-17-2017, 08:12 AM   #1
JamesNeve

Imuran with antifungal medication

I have a pretty persistent toenail fungus that wonít go away with just creams. I went to a local doctor, and he said heíd normally prescribe oral antifungals at this point, but he was worried about the possibility that the antifungals would react badly with the imuran. I asked my GI about it, and he said there was no reason for that to happen, but to be careful anyway.

The toenail thing is just a bit nasty to look at, and doesnít cause any pain. Imuranís kept me in full remission for four years, so Iím worried about doing something that might have a chance of messing with it. Does anyone have experience of mixing antifungals with Imuran, or heard of anyone else who has?
10-17-2017, 08:16 AM   #2
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
My podiatrist is hesitant right now to prescribe anything for the fungus on my toenails because of the medicine i take for Crohn's disease

Diagnosed in 1990. On Humira, Imuran, Gabapentin, Colestipol, Synthroid, Lialda. Resection in April of 2010. Allergic to Remicade, Penicillin, Flagyl, Doxycycline. Thyroid issues and psoriasis and neuropathy and mild cerebral palsy. Mild arthritis in my lower back.
10-18-2017, 12:13 AM   #3
aypues

My Support Groups:
∑ Stelara
i was on a systemic anti-fungal briefly and I felt it really helped the Crohn's. I'm just on Stelara though. The drugs were itraconazole and voriconazole. They gave me elevated liver enzymes, however, and had to be discontinued.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Imuran/Azathioprine/6-MP » Imuran with antifungal medication