• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Introduction

Hi,

My name is Nadene, and I am new to the group, but not new to Crohn's disease. I was first diagnosed 19 years ago, with severe pain. I went to many doctors and nobody diagnosed me, I saw a gastro, and then a gynecologist. The gyno gave me a hysterectomy, but my pain still persisted, finally after much research, I had to tell my doctor what I had so that I could get a referral to a gastro. They thought my Crohn's had been in remission for many years, because there was no sign of it through a colonoscopy, but later CT scans revealed that it is down very low. So, to make a long story short, I am having surgery in November, for narrowing, structuring, and inflammation. I am on a low residue diet until then.

So, I am glad to be around people like me.

Hi Nadene,
I think it's frequent to have silent stricturing disease when located in the small bowel.
I went through the same 5 years ago, with a strictureplasty surgery.
I wish you the best too.

scottsma

Hello and welcome.I hope your surgery goes well and is of benefit to you.As you;ve been in remission for so long it must have come as a shock to you.Crohns does have a nasty habit of sneaking up on us ,but it's best to get your present problem sorted and you can begin to feel better.Please keep us updated as others will be going through the same as you and it will be helpful to them.Sending support.

valleysangel92

Staff member
Hello, welcome to the forum

I'm sorry to hear you're going through a difficult time right now, but I'm so glad you've found us. We all know how difficult this process is and we understand the unique difficulties that come along with a chronic illness.

I hope your surgery goes well and you have a smooth recovery, if you have any questions or concerns, please don't be afraid to ask, there is always someone here who has been in your shoes. We don't have all the answers but we will always try to point you in the right direction and will do what we can to support you. There is no judgement here and there is no such thing as a silly question.