Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Nasty growth wearing on my confidence

10-25-2017, 01:03 PM   #1
Ships

My Support Groups:
Nasty growth wearing on my confidence

Okay, so Iíve ignored it for a long time because my doctor hasnít shown much concern, but itís gross and affecting my confidence.

I have a growth about the size of a thumbprint on the back of my thigh, (I know Iím lucky itís in a place easy to hide, but still) it looks like a glob of chewed gum, and is attached the same way a skin tag is. Iíve shown my GI and he said ďleave it alone and hopefully the remicade will make it go awayĒ Iíve been on remicade over a year and still have it. I asked him if I could go to a dermatologist and get it removed but he said no, but itís growing and itís just gross.

Also my family doctor was willing to remove it, but that was before my GI said no, and Iíve been with him since early in my diagnosis and tend to follow his advice.

Has anyone else had anything like this? Iíve been trying to find some sort of indication of what it could be on google and everywhere but I canít find anything that looks like it.
10-25-2017, 01:22 PM   #2
Lisa
Adminstrator

My Support Groups:
Not sure why your GI would discourage you from going to a dermatologist to have it taken care of? One of the things I am SUPPOSED to do is get yearly checks and have anything suspicious checked and/or taken care of.

Especially if it is growing - I'd get it checked ASAP!

30 plus years and counting with UC/Crohn's!
on remicade since 11/05

While my experiences may not be what everyone has had- I feel it is worthwhile to share any and all experiences that may be beneficial to others.
10-26-2017, 08:39 AM   #3
Crohnsmomof3

My Support Groups:
∑ Stelara
I would definitely see a dermatologist. I also have yearly checks with my dermatologist because of the medications I am on. I have a few spots on my arm that she is watching closely. I will probably end up getting them biopsied next week as they are not going away. Growths are nothing to mess around with as they could be more serious than you think with the medications we end up being on. So, I would have it checked out.

Diagnosed: 2004
Abcess: 2011
TI resection 2013 (60 cm of small bowel)

Current: Stelara, Methotrexate, Questran, B12 injections, metoprolol, sertraline

Past medications: pentasa, remicade, humira, cimzia, imuran, prednisone, entocort, 6mp
Adverse reactions: Entyvio, Remicade, Humira, Cimzia, Imuran, 6MP

Diagnoses: Crohn's Disease, Iron deficiency Anemia, B12 Anemia, Osteoporosis, Migraines, Anxiety
10-26-2017, 10:37 AM   #4
Ships

My Support Groups:
I havenít been to a dermatologist since way before diagnosis!

I think maybe heís not that concerned because I got it over a year in to a 2 1/2 year period I wasnít taking my medication, but at my next appointment Iíll make sure to let him know I want to go see one. Iím not sure if Iíve seen him since Iíve noticed it being bigger either.

I probably should start a new thread, but is anyone else thatís on remicade super spacey? Like I can not for the life of me focus, sometimes even long enough to send a text, I have a tendency to blame Crohnís and medication for every problem I have.
10-26-2017, 10:47 AM   #5
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I havenít been to a dermatologist since way before diagnosis!

I think maybe heís not that concerned because I got it over a year in to a 2 1/2 year period I wasnít taking my medication, but at my next appointment Iíll make sure to let him know I want to go see one. Iím not sure if Iíve seen him since Iíve noticed it being bigger either.

I probably should start a new thread, but is anyone else thatís on remicade super spacey? Like I can not for the life of me focus, sometimes even long enough to send a text, I have a tendency to blame Crohnís and medication for every problem I have.
Not sure if it is the Remicade.
Diagnosed in 1990. On Humira, Imuran, Gabapentin, Colestipol, Synthroid, Lialda. Resection in April of 2010. Allergic to Remicade, Penicillin, Flagyl, Doxycycline. Thyroid issues and psoriasis and neuropathy and mild cerebral palsy. Mild arthritis in my lower back.
10-26-2017, 07:11 PM   #6
Lady Organic
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
You should see a dermatologist. I would. Your family doctor could give you a referral if you dont feel like discussing this issue with your GI again. It sometimes happens that opinions are conflicting between practionners.

Diet: ''IBD-AID'' : http://www.nutritionj.com/content/13/1/5+ organic food only
suppl Curcuminoid extract, Inulin,psyllium, apple pectin, Vitamin D

past meds:
pred 50mg, 5-ASA, cortifoam, Imuran (failed) Purinethol (success) methotrexate (failed CD and arthritis).

Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Nasty growth wearing on my confidence