Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » 35 years later...

10-29-2017, 02:40 PM   #1
KevinB

35 years later...

Hi. I'm Kevin, 66 years old, Crohn's for 35 of those. But I didn't know it was Crohn's disease until 15 years ago. Until then, it was "dry skin, irritable bowel, aching bones and muscles, and lots of half baked remedies that cost a lot, made me sick, ruined my clothes (ointments, etc.) Eventually tried Humira. Worked great, then was hit by a car, got an infection, had to quit awhile. Back on Humira, until Medicare kicked in and refused to cover it. So off awhile, sick again, yada, until foundation helped pay for Humira. Yay!! But Humira doesn't work anymore as I have developed antibodies against it. So sick again until just recently starting Stelara, with help from Johnson and Johnson foundation. It might be starting to work. Wish me luck, and the best of luck to all of you.
:cool.
10-29-2017, 02:51 PM   #2
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Welcome. I really hope the Stelara works.
Diagnosed in 1990. On Humira, Imuran, Gabapentin, Colestipol, Synthroid, Lialda. Resection in April of 2010. Allergic to Remicade, Penicillin, Flagyl, Doxycycline. Thyroid issues and psoriasis and neuropathy and mild cerebral palsy. Mild arthritis in my lower back.
10-29-2017, 05:22 PM   #3
KevinB

My gastro doc told me Lialda no longer works. Switched me to Apriso. I also have myotonia congenita and heart failure. But I am doing well really in spite of all that. My wife says I'm blessed. I say I'm lucky, and grateful.
10-30-2017, 03:32 PM   #4
Guerrero

My Support Groups:
Hi Kevin and welcome here
I send you support and wish you luck

Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » 35 years later...