• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Food?

Hi Everyone,

Ugh, having a hard time here. I ate kale last night for the first time, I did not realize it would cause me this amount of discomfort. It didn’t block me thank goodness, but I am having some pain. I have had many bowel movements today and passing a lot of gas. Anyone else react this way?

Hi Everyone,

Ugh, having a hard time here. I ate kale last night for the first time, I did not realize it would cause me this amount of discomfort. It didn’t block me thank goodness, but I am having some pain. I have had many bowel movements today and passing a lot of gas. Anyone else react this way?
Hi. If i eat vegetables, they have to be well cooked.

I think it's a rule not to eat raw veggies (or at least to me it is), but sometimes particular vegetables cause a huge mess and are very regrettable to be eaten, to me that'll be cucumbers.

Maybe kale to you is like cucumbers to me. You could try and cook it and have small portion of it and see how you'll body react to it.