Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Preparation for colonoscopy

10-30-2017, 08:13 AM   #1
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Preparation for colonoscopy

My colonoscopy is this Thurseday. My doctor wanted me to start doing miralax and Gatorade this past Thursday. So far, I don't feel like it has been very effective . Could this be due to a stricture?
Diagnosed in 1990. On Humira, Imuran, Gabapentin, Colestipol, Synthroid, Lialda. Resection in April of 2010. Allergic to Remicade, Penicillin, Flagyl, Doxycycline. Thyroid issues and psoriasis and neuropathy and mild cerebral palsy. Mild arthritis in my lower back.
10-30-2017, 10:13 AM   #2
scottsma

My Support Groups:
I can't help with that Ron.Do you also have a prep.solution to use on Wednesday ? It just seems that a week is long time to start prepping,but I would have a word with which ever Doc.suggested the mirolax and Gatorade.Best to you.
10-30-2017, 10:42 AM   #3
Bufford

My Support Groups:
Seems a bit long too. When I have a scope I am asked to stop eating anything with seeds a week before hand, that's okay as I cannot tolerate anything with seeds. I also have to go off blood thinners a week before. However, I am allowed solid foods up until 24 hours before the procedure. Then I have to drink a jug of that awful stuff (cannot think of the name of it; Peglite?) during the last day before to clear my bowels, and drink only clear liquids.
10-30-2017, 11:40 AM   #4
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Thanks. Yes. I have one for Wednesday

10-30-2017, 02:51 PM   #5
Lisa
Adminstrator

My Support Groups:
It partly depends on the dosage, does he have you on a "regular" dose for a week just to make sure things are moving in preparation for the actual scope prep?

30 plus years and counting with UC/Crohn's!
on remicade since 11/05

While my experiences may not be what everyone has had- I feel it is worthwhile to share any and all experiences that may be beneficial to others.
10-30-2017, 02:58 PM   #6
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
It partly depends on the dosage, does he have you on a "regular" dose for a week just to make sure things are moving in preparation for the actual scope prep?
Yes

10-30-2017, 04:36 PM   #7
Lisa
Adminstrator

My Support Groups:
Then you my not see much of a difference until you start the prep itself.

Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Preparation for colonoscopy