Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Books, Multimedia, Research & News » Microbial dysbiosis in spouses of ulcerative colitis patients: Any clues to disease pathogenesis?

11-03-2017, 07:44 AM   #1
mf15

Microbial dysbiosis in spouses of ulcerative colitis patients: Any clues to disease pathogenesis?

Wonderful:
Old Mike
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29085220
11-03-2017, 06:40 PM   #2
Lady Organic
Forum Monitor

What does the author mean?:'' Thus, this study shows that the microbial profile might be partially transferred from ulcerative colitis patients to healthy individuals.''

Im not sure I get it... How could we transfer microbiome?

The only thing I can think about to explain that people living together share similarities in microbiome is because they usually eat the same foods and have the same lifestyle.

Diet: ''IBD-AID'' : http://www.nutritionj.com/content/13/1/5+ organic food only
suppl Curcuminoid extract, Inulin,psyllium, apple pectin, Vitamin D

past meds:
pred 50mg, 5-ASA, cortifoam, Imuran (failed) Purinethol (success) methotrexate (failed CD and arthritis).
11-04-2017, 11:00 AM   #3
mf15

Lady: Well the other possibility of which after many years of study is that there is
a slight chance that IBD is contagious, I still cannot 100% rule it out. There are a few cases of where the none IBD spouse somehow came down with IBD,whether crohns or UC.
Who knows for sure, I don't.
You can research crohn's clustering,and such.
Old Mike
11-04-2017, 05:38 PM   #4
Lady Organic
Forum Monitor

I just found and read the full article.
im thinking if microbiome could be transferred, doctors, nurses and medical staff would be vulnerable/ impacted as well. I really dont think this is the case, quite the opposite actually, so ''we ear''...

And as the author says: ''the microbial profile of individuals cohabiting with IBD patients should also be compared with that of healthy controls living in the same geographical area and socio-economic conditions to minimize the impact of unrelated environmental factors.'' And i would add a comparison of diet. This still sounds like the obvious to me.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Books, Multimedia, Research & News » Microbial dysbiosis in spouses of ulcerative colitis patients: Any clues to disease pathogenesis?