• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Crohns and coccyx

Has anybody had pain in their coccyx? I have had pain for 8 months and have just had an EUA, to be told that the pain I am having is due to a thickening and inflamed coccyx. Do I just put up with pain for ever? Has anybody got any advice?

The year of my diagnosis I had coccyx pain nobody could explain yes.
It disapeared when my treatments started to work (imuran and liquid diet), and never came back.

Nobody has suggested any meds, any advice welcome as I am always so uncomfortable when sitting/laying. I have bought an orthopedic donut ring/cushion which seems to be ok.

Whenever I go into a flare I develop pain in my coccyx.As a good short-term fix, I bought a special coccyx cushion for my car and work desk. I also found that a heating pad at night also helped. The thing that ultimately relieved my pain was a steroid injection into my sacrococcygeal ligaments.