• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Bone age and growth

Hello everyone, I need some help.
I’m a sixteen y/o girl and my bone age is 14. I used to be insanely skinny when I was undiagnosed because I couldn’t absorb any nutrients. That was three years ago, then I started receiving treatment (prednisone, remicade, pentasa, imuran, surgery); I gained a lot of weight - especially on prednisone. I’ve grown a little bit, but not enough. I’ve been working out and eating healthy (not starving myself and not overeating) for arounnd half a year, but I can’t lose my extra fat. I’m thinking that my body is holding on to it for when my bones grow. Is this possible? If not, any ideas of why I can’t lose the extra fat? If so, any ideas on how to speed up my bone growth so I can lean out. I always used to be really lean and fit. I’m a super short and small person so the extra fat is really noticeable on me. Thanks for the help! :)

Hi struggleisreal,
It's usual to gain weight and fat with prednison but i guess you stopped months ago...
I think it could be explain by your age and growth yes but you may want to consult a dietetician to get good advices.