Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Comfused could do with opinions please xx

11-11-2017, 06:20 PM   #1
Charlltd

Comfused could do with opinions please xx

I am waiting for a clear diagnosis, my feacal calprotectin test was almost 900 but a normal colonoscopy but doctor feels it may be to me now being better having the colonoscopy and it's healed, I had a MRI and haven't discussed it with gastro doctor yet he's just sent a appointment out but I had gp receptionist print result off and it says normal study no structure abnormalities but on the part saying "clinical information" it says "abnormal pain and weight loss, raised feacal calprotectin, normal colonoscopy, small bowel inflammatory disease." Does that mean they have seen somthing else indacating small bowel inflammatory bowel disease to put it in clinical information xx
11-13-2017, 03:33 PM   #2
Scipio

My Support Groups:
I think it means that given your symptoms and highly elevated fecal calprotectin, combined with your normal colonoscopy, it's reasonable to conclude that there is active small bowel inflammation. It does not specifically state that small bowel inflammation was observed on the MRI, but it appears to conclude that it is very likely to be present.

Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Comfused could do with opinions please xx