Share Facebook

11-11-2017, 06:21 PM   #1
Charlltd

Help x

I am waiting for a clear diagnosis, my feacal calprotectin test was almost 900 but a normal colonoscopy but doctor feels it may be to me now being better having the colonoscopy and it's healed, I had a MRI and haven't discussed it with gastro doctor yet he's just sent a appointment out but I had gp receptionist print result off and it says normal study no structure abnormalities but on the part saying "clinical information" it says "abnormal pain and weight loss, raised feacal calprotectin, normal colonoscopy, small bowel inflammatory disease." Does that mean they have seen somthing else indacating small bowel inflammatory bowel disease to put it in clinical information xx
11-11-2017, 10:09 PM   #2
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
With the raised feacal calprotectib, something is going on. i am nit sure what.
Diagnosed in 1990. On Humira, Imuran, Gabapentin, Colestipol, Synthroid, Lialda. Resection in April of 2010. Allergic to Remicade, Penicillin, Flagyl, Doxycycline. Thyroid issues and psoriasis and neuropathy and mild cerebral palsy. Mild arthritis in my lower back.
11-12-2017, 05:47 PM   #3
Jabee

My Support Groups:
It sounds like they either saw signs of small bowel inflammation or were looking for it. Did your GI mention he suspected you have small bowel crohn’s or jejunoileitis? If you are losing weight, in pain, and have a high fecal calprotectin something is definitely going on.
11-20-2017, 02:15 AM   #4
mere282

My Support Groups:
It could be for billing purposes or a point of reference