Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Bleeding out of the blue

11-13-2017, 01:58 AM   #1
Judyntexas

My Support Groups:
Bleeding out of the blue

I'm so frightened I was diagnosed with Crohns 2010. For the most part Remicade kept things under control however switched to Humira recently to address other issues.

Today for no apparent reason I'm having fairly heavy rectal bleeding. I generally don't panic it's happened here and there but nothing like this

Anyone go through this? I know it's stupid but I don't want to call my. DR I simply can't stand the thought of more surgery I've been operated on 10 times already. I know ill have to get checked out but I'm just so angry and scared.

Thank you for letting me vent..

jb
11-13-2017, 03:56 AM   #2
Cross-stitch gal

My Support Groups:
Hi and welcome! I'm sorry to say this, but if it's getting heavy it's probably time to get checked out by a doctor. A little bit here and there is no problem, but if it's getting heavy and worrisome I'd make sure to get checked out. Don't want to see it get worse. Please keep us updated. Lots of hugs are being sent your way.

Current Meds:
Pentasa 1000mg 2xday or Mesalamine DR 1.2gm 2xday, Canasa Suppositories (when needed) 1000mg 1xday, Tylenol 3 with codeine 300-30mg (when needed)

Non-Meds:
600+D Calcium 2xday, Multivitamin, 65mg Iron 1xday, Fish Oil 1000mg, Vitamin D3 5,000 I.U., Eye Drops 2xday

UP Support Group http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=68350
11-13-2017, 09:22 AM   #3
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I agree with Cross stitch gal.
Diagnosed in 1990. On Humira, Imuran, Gabapentin, Colestipol, Synthroid, Lialda. Resection in April of 2010. Allergic to Remicade, Penicillin, Flagyl, Doxycycline. Thyroid issues and psoriasis and neuropathy and mild cerebral palsy. Mild arthritis in my lower back.
11-13-2017, 11:33 AM   #4
Bufford

My Support Groups:
A GI bleed can be serious, you should call the doctor, or go to the ER if it persists.
11-13-2017, 12:10 PM   #5
MissLeopard83

My Support Groups:
Rectal bleeding is not common. You might have an open hemorrhoid which needs to be banded or a severe anal fissure. Please notify your doctor. If you let heavy bleeding continue, you could become anemic which would cause further problems.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Bleeding out of the blue