• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Itching on personel area

L

lexi

itching on personel area

anyone have problems with breaking out and itching on your bottom and also having vaginal discharge and leaking from belly button very painful bottom any advise

mwb3779

Kitchenhawk
I've had itching on the bottom. No discharge. That's good part of being a guy. I've heard that the itching on the bottom is normal, not sure about the other stuff though.

I get an itchy butt on and off. I wondered if it could be inflammation but at the same time I also get itchy girl bits so assume it is likely a candida thing.
Not sure about the belly button though - I would get that one checked out!

imisspopcorn

Punctuation Impaired
I have heard of leaking from the Naval. It can be a lot of different things. It can be anything from a fistuala, to a congenital malformation, to an infection....lexi, I know it probably may be a bit embarrassing but you should get it checked out.....Do you have Crohn's? Are you on any medications?

L

lexi

itching

yes i have chrones and a m taking imuran been on prednisone and then humira shots now this thee meds only work about 6 months and then they dont help but the worst part is cant get into a doc for 4 weeks and the vaginal area is so raw that it really burns when i use the bathroom any ides aon what to use i tried zinc oxide but no releif

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Hi Lexi, I think you may have a nasty yeast infection. Not sure what country you are from but in the US and Canada have a great tablet suppository called Canesten, with is comes a tube of cream. If this doenst work you may have to get an oral type. As mentioned above it could be a fistula, but for relief now, try the Canesten, I used it and less messier than the creams, yuck. For imediate relief, Calmoseptine will work instantly for all the itching areas, you may have to ask your pharmacist for it, great stuff...would be in your best interest to use pantyliners. If it doesnt calm down a in couple of days, I would still make an appt to see your Gi or any doctor you can get to. Hope this helps, I know what you are going through, hope you get relief soon!

imisspopcorn

Punctuation Impaired
You can also get an OTC cream for yeast infections....you can use it externally as well as internally. (Miconazole) is one brand name that comes to mind. Before you apply it, sit in the tub, let the water only get about 4 inches deep. Keep the water running, and pull the drain plug. Sit in the tun for about 5 minutes.(while the water drains and runs at the same time) Wash and dry the area thoroughly then apply the cream. (This is like a sitz bath)

Yeah here in Aus at the chemist you can get an oral and cream in one pack which is great! I would suggest talking to you chemist bout what is aval for you and get onto it quick seeing as it is soooo raw. I get it all the time and its not nice and hurts like all hell. Be careful with having baths as the more moisture you provide the area the worse it can get. Also wear only cotton underwear and try not to wear tight clothing (jeans etc) as this will promote sweat and moisture down there. You can also try the yoghurt it wont hurt but I never had much luck with it, plus depends if you can tolerate yoghurt too.
Good luck!

L

lexi

itchimg

thanks for all the info i will try thi stuff cant get into doc til next week

Oh my I can feel your pain. The sitz bath is a great idea for some relief but try adding baking soda to the warm water. It neutralizes the skin and calms and soothes. I us it all the time for babies and diaper rashes even myself when I get sore in that area. You also need to really air dry the area even try a warm hair dryer on low before adding any creams. A & D helps sooth and protect the area when having to go. Monistat over the counter is very affective for a possible yeast infection. Use both vaginal and topical. As for the belly button leaking I cannot believe a doctor couldn't see you sooner just for that alone. It needs to be cultured immediately. Try to keep it clean and dry. Good luck I hope you get relief very soon!