• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Delayed dosing and IBD Consuquences

Thanks for posting this. I forgot H's injection on Monday and remembered 5 days later....first time in 3 years. But she's pretty well right now and she figured we should just skip it:)
Then I saw this post!
Good reminder that things can always go south.
So we did it late and I will sort out working it back to the schedule.
She and I actually had a good laugh about the fact we were both thinking, for a minute, "She doesn't need this anymore anyway."
Weird how good days can put us into denial even after 4 years with this stupid disease!

my little penguin

Staff member
We had @delayed dosing “ for humira
Ds had surgery (non Crohns related)
Which required the humira dose be held
He was ok the first two weeks
So like you we thought it was going to all good
By week four flaring so tiny dose of pred was added while we waited
But week 6 disasterous flare for his joints and GI tract

We restarted humira
It didn’t work
9 months after holding humira
He is still flaring and had to start a new biologic

Moral of the story do not hold biologics
Unles absolutely necessary

Maya142

Staff member
We, unfortunately, had the same experience for my girls. Humira was held for wisdom teeth surgery. They were both on weekly shots so they literally just missed 3 weeks of Humira and 2 weeks of MTX.

Both REALLY flared after the surgeries. One was so bad that we ended up needing to switch biologics for one of them. It was a giant pain :ybttyy