• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Undiagnosed

Hi, I am 27 years old. I have always had stomach issues since my teenage years. About 5 months ago, it got tremendously worse and has rapidly became a complete hindrance to my everyday. I had my gallbladder removed and have never felt the same. I was originally diagnosed by an E.R. doctor when I was 16 and was told I had I.B.S. Well, after gallbladder removal, it has become an all day, everyday occurrence to feel terrible and be in the bathroom more than any human being should be. My only comfort is a warm bath to help calm symptoms. I have 7 beautiful Neices and Nephews who, by all accounts, are my world. I, now, cannot ride the 30 minutes to see them as I used to. It breaks my heart. Also, I have been avidly chasing my dream for 3 years now to become a Law Enforcement Officer. That has been sidelined. Until I know exactly what this is, I do not know how, or even if I should move forward with that. One of the tests I had was a Lactoferrin something or other. I was told normal range was 0 to 7.25. Mine came back as 45.75. Very elevated. My Gastro has been great and her nurse has been as well. But, I need more answers. I need a plan. As for everyone going through this, I sincerely feel your pain. Thanks for reading a short summary of my story. Any recommendations or thoughts, are welcomed.

Hi. I would possibly ask your gi ti do a colonoscopy and a mri. I hope you get some answers soon. I am sorry for what you have been through.

Sorry to hear what you're going through, agree that a colonoscopy might be able to give you some answers.
I want to urge you not to give up on your career goals, at the same time I also don't know what kind of demands it places on you along with your stomach issues, there's a good thread on here somewhere about people's career choices and how IBD and other issues effect them. I work in an office currently so I can easily get to a toilet when I need to.

Apologies if this is something you've already done, but have you tried removing some common culprits from your diet, such as gluten or lactose? It might be worth a go if not :)

scottsma

I agree with the above posts.Please,please don't give up on your career choice just yet.Not until you've explored every avenue of meds.,diet etc. There are many on the forum holding down a demanding job and raising families. Of course there are many who are very sick too,who even find it a chore to leave the house,but we are all different,so don't despair just yet.As to your GB removal.Have you tried digestive enzyme supplements ? I began to take them a week or two before my op,two years ago,and take one before each meal.I would try them see if you find them beneficial.I hope you feel better soon.:thumleft: