• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Lower left abdominal pain

I've had crohns for several years and I would say it is a pretty mild case. I'm on Remicade every 8 weeks and haven't really had any problems since I went into remission. Before my remission I didn't have much pain, just frequent loose bowel movements. The only pain I would have is just before I had to run due to eating something that went right through me. For the last 4 weeks or so I've been having consistent lower left abdominal pain. It isn't sharp or bend over in agony kind of pain, just very consistent always there pain. I only see my GI once a year at this point and I'm not sure if I should be concerned about this new pain. During my regular check up at my GP I was told it is my bowels so no chance that it is any of my lady parts or a urinary issue. Is this pain normal for people with Crohns? Should I be getting in touch with my GI?

I would contact your GI's office...lower left abdominal pain can be Crohns and it would be better to catch a flare earlier rather than later. If nothing else get some bloodwork done, check out inflammation, and let them know what is up. It is not "normal" to live in pain (although many of us, myself included do live in a moderate amount of pain daily) and it would probably be better to know that it is either NOT crohns or if it is crohns to adjust dosing of Remicade or come up with a plan to address it. Also, if it is disease from my recollection Remicade is dosed based on weight so also check out if you have gained or lost weight recently and maybe the dose needs to be adjusted.

cmack

Staff member
I would contact your GI's office...lower left abdominal pain can be Crohns and it would be better to catch a flare earlier rather than later. If nothing else get some bloodwork done, check out inflammation, and let them know what is up. It is not "normal" to live in pain (although many of us, myself included do live in a moderate amount of pain daily) and it would probably be better to know that it is either NOT crohns or if it is crohns to adjust dosing of Remicade or come up with a plan to address it. Also, if it is disease from my recollection Remicade is dosed based on weight so also check out if you have gained or lost weight recently and maybe the dose needs to be adjusted.
I totally agree! I hope you feel better soon, keep us posted.